Saturday, July 21, 2007

Giant with Beer

Pete came by last night and ate with us. We had BLTs and a nice black bean and corn salad with lovely purple scallions from McCuskers. We were talking about our experiences moving back to the valley (Pete, Deb, and I all got back here on the same day about 3 weeks ago) and how we were surprised at how challenging it was. As Deb and I were getting our lives in California packed away and preparing to move back here, I expected everything on this coast would be a cakewalk, but it hasn't been. Finding work hasn't been as easy as I imagined, and I fear losing the small amount of headway I've made toward personal improvement. Sometimes, it feels dangerously comfortable here.

Other times though, like last night, everything is just fine. Although Pete hogged all the beer...

I think we may need to talk about an intervention, friends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: